How to Minify CSS and JS Files in WordPress
Your website is made of many web pages and script files. This means a lot of HTML, CSS, and JS codes. Minification is to minimize unnecessary codes to improve the speed of your website.
As we know, the speed of your website is important to keep your visitors, improve the performance of your site, as well as to get a better ranking in the search engine.
What we need to do is to eliminate all unnecessary codes to make the website faster. Additionally, a smaller website means fewer unnecessary codes, thus there are not many codes to minify.
Let’s start to minify CSS and JS files in WordPress:
- Open your WordPress dashboard and go to the left-side menu.
- Choose Plugins then Add new.
- Type WP Super Minify in the search box.
- When you find the WP Super Minify plugin, click the “Install Now” button to install the plugin and activate it.
- Open the left-hand admin panel again and click on Settings then select the WP Super Minify option.
- There are not many options to choose from within this plugin.
- Save the settings to finish the minification process by clicking on the “Save Changes” button.
Congratulations, you have minified your WordPress.